Please don't simply cut and paste from Wikipedia. Linux Wikia aims to provide a resource distinct from WikiProject Linux. For example, giving significantly different versions of the same product their own article or the inclusion of historical distros that might still be useful. LinuxQuestions operates a wiki similarly focused on distros.
PD Linux imagesEdit
I'm not sure it's the correct place, but I found a collection of public domain images (and penguin images too). If you've ever been looking for that kind of stuff, have fun. :) Szoferka (page on Wikia). 01:55, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
Perhaps we should start a focus artical of the week.
For help with TemplatesEdit
For help with templates see Wikia:c:Templates
Importing articles from WPEdit
Hi, what about importing articles from Wikipedia/Wikibooks as starting material for the wiki? I mean, I've read the above and I understand it's a different scope, but it can provide raw material to work on. --Cyclopia 12:29, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
- The problem with importing raw material is that it often tends to stay that way. For example, someone once copied the entire article about the X Window System. The X Window System is a good thing to have an article about, mind you, but it also created an extremely large number of red links in the Wanted Pages list, for articles that do not, will not, and should not exist on this wiki. If information on Wikipedia or Wikibooks is useful, then feel free to right a new, clean, Linux-centric article with that information or link to it. But please, please, pleeeeeeease don't just copy it over. That will just cause even more maintenance overhead. Inclusivedisjunction 03:24, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
Foreign language Linux wikisEdit
- de: w:c:de.linux (statistics) • (articles (5)) • (recent) • (users)
- es: w:c:es.linux (statistics) • (articles (4)) • (recent) • (users)
- fr: w:c:fr.linux (statistics) • (articles (15)) • (recent) • (users)
- it: w:c:it.linux (statistics) • (articles (345)) • (recent) • (users)
- pl: w:c:pl.linux (statistics) • (articles (59)) • (recent) • (users)
- pt: w:c:pt.linux (statistics) • (articles (8)) • (recent) • (users)
- ar: w:c:ar.linuxac (statistics) • (articles (72)) • (recent) • (users)
- ro: w:c:ro.linux-discovery (statistics) • (articles (47)) • (recent) • (users)
- ru: w:c:ru.linux (statistics) • (articles (1)) • (recent) • (users)
- zh: w:c:zh.linux (statistics) • (articles (4)) • (recent) • (users)
I found the above foreign-language Linux wikis. Only the first six are correctly interlanguage linked to this wiki.
With an administrator's permission, I'd like to have the last four interlanguage linked to this wiki, and to each other. This will help the international Linux community to expand. Would you permit me to do this? Or, you can do it yourself at Community Central. Elecbullet (talk) 02:59, November 29, 2012 (UTC)