| Founded:||2006? (edit)|
|Release Date:||April 2, 2010 (edit)|
|Next Release:||unknown (edit)|
|Derivative of:||Slackware, Slax (edit)|
|Home Page:||http://wolvix.org/ (edit)|
Wolvix is a LiveDistro built from SLAX . It's a desktop and multimedia oriented Linux distribution designed to suite the needs of regular to advanced desktop users. Wolvix comes with the Xfce desktop environment and the Fluxbox window manager and includes a carefully selected group of development, graphics, multimedia, network and office applications.Features:
- Modular: Customize Wolvix by adding additional software modules.
- Portable: Bring Wolvix along wherever you go on CD or USB media.
- Flexible: Wolvix can run on your computer in several ways.
- Unintrusive: Clean and uncluttered desktop design.
- Lightweight: Resource friendly desktop environment and programs.
- Installable: Install Wolvix to your hard drive, either as a 'normal' or a 'frugal' OS.
- Freedom: You have freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve Wolvix.
Cub is a small(ish) version of Wolvix. It's designed to fit on 256MB USB Flash Drives and to serve as a base for building your own custom Wolvix version. Don't let the size of Cub fool you, it packs most of the software you'd expect to see in a full blown desktop OS. It features a carefully selected group of development, graphics, multimedia, network and office applications. Wolvix Cub comes with both the Xfce desktop environment and the Fluxbox window manager.
Hunter is the large 'standard' version of Wolvix, it's designed to fit on 512MB USB Flash Drives and use Wolvix Cub as it's base. It includes more applications, a lot of games and larger packages like Samba, Java and libraries for printer support which it's younger brother Cub doesn't have. Wolvix Hunter is desktop and multimedia oriented operating system for everyday computing tasks , fun and entertainment. It comes with both the Xfce desktop environment and the Fluxbox window manager.